Friday, May 21, 2010

Dr. Appointment Today

I was looking forward to see our beloved Dr. F today to start everything such as thorough exams and referrals.

The examination for Micah went smoothly. He of course has to get numerous stool samples for parasites and other things because of his humongous belly and diarrhea.

Misrak made me cry with her. She was so very upset getting examined it was unreal. It took her at least 30 min to calm down after that. And Dr. F is the most gentle Dr. I have ever met. She is a female too. Definitely some trauma there without getting into it on a public blog.

Than we went on to get the shots and blood draws done and of course the blood they are taking each time is just crazy. Huge amounts. To watch Micah taking all this blood from his tiny body made me sick. They both were extremely upset in there too. Plus they each got 3 immunizations in the legs and arm.

After that we went on to the Radiology department. Dr. F could still hear something in Micah's lungs or wherever something was so she made sure that he got a chest x-ray. It was fine. We also got the bone (wrist) x-ray done to determine his age. That one didn't go off to well on me but I am not going to discuss it until I talk to the endocrinologist about Micah's growth. Now that referral appointment can take some time it being a military hospital.

Misrak more likely will too start her medications soon due to her viral load but Dr. will let me know after she reads the results. Micah's viral load looked really good but he was already on meds anyway. Micah also has a raptured ear drum so he was put on more meds for that. Misrak has a huge mollescum by her neck and other places got infected; she is on antibiotics and got some fungus meds for her head.

Gosh, the kids are already so wonderful, I can't imagine what they will be like when they aren't hurting anymore. They are such troopers. We were at the hospital ALL day today but beyond the crying I was amazed how well they did. Amazing kiddos.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

My goodness sounds like they are troopers. Glad they are doing well, sorry they have so many meds, that no fun...get well soon.

Andrea said...

Sorry about the rough stuff.:o( But praising God that they are here and with you and being loved on so well. Praying for healing for them both!

Jennifer said...

Poor babies. I hated the initial round of Dr. appts. Shots, shots, blood draws. Hope the referral comes thru quickly and you can get some answers.

Joy said...

It sounds like you got a lot accomplished - now you wait for results. That breaks my heart for Misrak.

Amy said...

Sweet babies. I am so proud of them both. You are such a good mommy!!!!