Thursday, September 16, 2010

Growth Hormone Treatment has started








































This will be more a journal for me so I can keep track of Micah’s growth treatment.

Micah has officially started his growth hormones today. The nurse came to the house and taught us how to inject the hormones and work the equipment. It all seems quiet complicated right now but I am sure with practice it will become easy. Micah was screaming so hard. I think he was just afraid; he hates immunizations and that probably reminded him of it. Kevin and I decided to inject him in his buttocks because its nice and fatty. The nurse said its good where there is more fat. He will get a shot every day. He will be on the hormones most likely until he is done growing which will probably be till he is 18 or 19. Basically until his growth plates close.

On his birth records he will turn 5 on November 25, 2010. Per our re-adoption records he will turn 4 November 25, 2006.

Today he weighs 28 pounds and is 34 inches. Per the doctor, he is super tiny and totally of the charts. He is currently the size of a 2 year old. His bone age is of a 2-3 y/old. His clothes size is 2T and shoes size 6.

One of the big and painful side affects will be growing pains in his hips which normally teenagers get when they start puberty.

I know I sound selfish but now that it is finally starting I want my boy to stay little because he is so stinkin cute. Look at those hands and feet in the picture. I will never forget them. They look like from an infant. I had to take one last picture before they start growing. I bite these beautiful feet all the time.

My Micah, he is one strong soldier. I am so proud of him.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good luck with the shots. I hope that the screaming lessens quickly and he does well on the treatment with little side effects!

Sparrow said...

Shots are hard for the kiddos, it is certainly still hard as an adult (hate needles!) but he will get used to them quicker than you think and will have all sorts of opinions on where to inject in just a few short months. He is a true survivor!

Thanks for all the updates-I love to see the pics and read your words,
Susan

PS. Ken follows your blog to @ work and just doesn't comment-but he talks about you guys a lot :)

Signe said...

You are a stronger woman than I am. I hate giving shots. You have just the right little guy, and he has the perfect Momma. I hope he doesn't grow too much before we see him again.

Joy said...

Wow Andrea that is a long road, but I know it is for the best. Those are some adorable little toes :) It seems like he has already grown since being home too - so that is great. We will pray for him to tollerate the treatment well.

Unknown said...

Just ran into your blog from Amy Block's. I look forward to following and getting to know your family!

Christie
http://satisfactionthroughchrist.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

What a sweetheart. He is precious and so are you. He will always be your baby. Praying for you guys.