First off Micah has a full blown ear infection so he was put on another dose of antibiotics. And whatever is coming out of his ear smells really bad. We are not seeing the main Dr. until 5/21.
Today we had the dentist appointment. Misrak for sure is at least 7 the dentist said and has several cavities but her teeth are still in much better shape than Micah. Many of her teeth are already her adult teeth.
Micah's teeth a in really bad shape. Just as bad as Amira's if not worse. Every single one of his teeth is rotten. The dentist will schedule surgery next month at the hospital just like she did with Amira. The bad thing is she cannot just jank Micah's teeth out because he has much longer to go than Amira does for his new teeth to come in. So extra money for crowns. Misrak will go too, the Dr thinks it will be less traumatic for her since she has a lot of cavities so we will do it all in one day.
Ughh I am dreading this dentist bill but oh well, that's life.
Otherwise, things are really really good. I just can't wait to get started on Micah and figure out what's wrong with his growth.
6 comments:
Sammy had to have a tooth pulled yesterday and I think I am still traumatized. The kid does not cry, but that was the exception!
Also, Sammy had really bad ears like Michah and Amoxicillin did not work, but Augmentin did. Just might help with treating it. We also saw an Ear doc (ENT) at Children's and he will eventually need surgery for the ruptured ear drum. Just something to think about...but good luck with all your appts!
Between the teeth and the ears, Micah probably doesn't know what it feels like not to hurt somewhere.
I thought Misrak looks more "mature". Now she's the oldest of the pack of "littles"!
Poor Sammy! That must have hurt.
I really wonder about the medical care at AHOPE sometimes. Yeah, sure they treat one disease, but is at the expense of everything else??
Poor Micah - but thankfully his are baby teeth. I am glad Misrak's are not as bad. Oh all the doctor/dentist appointments at the beginning - I remember that!
Ugh the teeth. Estifanos had 2 crowns and it was bad enough - can't imagine a mouth full of them. All the dr appts keep you running in the beginning don't they. Hope the meds clear up his ear.
Post a Comment