Wednesday, May 19, 2010

MISRAK

Misrak's adoption was totally meant to be. If any were ever meant to be, this one was. We were not planning to adopt so soon again, but because of Misrak and two special families, we did. Someone was already praying for her before we even signed the papers. Praying that Misrak would find a special family, and I think she did. Special just for us. To say that she was a perfect fit for us is an understatement.

Her soul is so sweet. You can tell by the way she is attaching that she is came to Kidane less than a year ago. She was raised by her dad and many aunts and uncles with several cousins by her side. I met her uncle when I was in ET (Misrak's daddy passed away just 3 months ago) Her Uncle was an amazing godly man, in fact AAI's social worker and her uncle are going to the same church. With that I found out Misrak was in the church choir and by her voice I know because she has such an angelic voice. I cannot wait to get her started on her singing. When we pray at night she prays the same Catholic prayer every night that she learned at Kidane, so cute. When we read our bible stories, I am amazed at how much she knows the stories of the bible and she is teaching me how to say the names in Amharic. That girl loves God so much and she knows for sure who is her Lord and Savior.

It has been so fun being with Misrak all day. She dotes on Micah like she is his mommy. I can just imagine how perfect homeschool material she would be once I start. Actually she follows me around just like Micah too. She is such a helper. After Amira leaves for school, she starts to clean up the room all over again just to make it to her perfection. I can tell that she was left with lots of chores before coming to Kidane just by the way she works. She ask me all day what she can do. Often times I tell her there is nothing else to do and now we MUST PLAY for the rest of the day. So we are playing house and acting like we are in school. Sometimes she is the teacher, sometimes I am. Her maturity blows me away compared to Amira and Biruk. That is why I know she is at least 7. The differences are day and night between them.

I have also noticed she dazes a lot. I am not sure what she is thinking about but I can only imagine she thinks about ET a lot. I had my worries in ET that she would be a horrible eater of the way she was there but since she has been home, she eats great, just like Biruk. So far she has turned down nothing.

In many ways she a lot like Amira but she can also act crazy once she is surrounded by everyone and that is good. She makes such wonderful sibling. She is definitely is a girly girl. She loves her dolls and pretty pink clothes.

She is also so ready for school but we have decided to keep her home since school is out in 3 weeks. In the fall she will start 1st grade with Amira and Biruk; they will be known as the triplets. I will keep them all in separate classes so no one has to shadow over one. Her English is still very limited but she understands pretty much everything. Whatever I teach her she remembers. Her brain just picks up super fast.

I am not looking forward to going back to work so soon because I am enjoying these children so very much. I guess I will have to s0ak in every minute that I can and be thankful for the full days we have together right now.

I am in awe every day how blessed I am. Blessed to be the mother of 6 amazing children. Simply unreal to believe. So blessed.

My brain is fried right now, but I am hoping to write much more about the new kiddos as it comes to mind.




First night home!!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful Andrea.
She sure sounds like she is a an amazing little girl and daughter and you are an amazing mom xoxo
Enjoy every minutes of them .

Andrea said...

Oh Andrea! I love it! Thank you for sharing. God indeed had a plan for you all.
Blessings
Andrea

Joy said...

Wow - she sounds just perfect! I love all of the details you shared. Oh she reminds me of my Janae - how perfect to have a little mother hen to lead the pack and set a good example and teach the other littles. I love her already. Yes - you are blessed beyond belief.

Jennifer said...

She sure sounds like a perfect match for your family. Keep the pictures and little stories coming! We love them!

Amy said...

Can I have her? Please???