Sunday, May 17, 2009

Biruk turns 5

Yesterday we celebrated Biruk's 5th birthday. His given birthday was on April 25, but due to all the craziness we had going on over here we wanted to wait a little bit. Anyways, we all had lots of fun and it was extremely low key. I didn't want Biruk to get overwhelmed nor spoiled because he had a birthday. We just had Kari and her family over and Danica's best friend. Biruk really hasn't made any friends yet outside the family because he hasn't started school. He was just so happy, joyful, grateful and kept telling me before he went to bed over and over "Gooood Birthday".





At last, we were able to get a family picture. Anastasia "hates" taking pics. That is why she wasn't in the Easter pics. No, we haven't put her up in a group home (we never will) but that is why she mostly is never in the pics. Actually Kari bribed her to be in this picture.
Kari, her two daughters' Robbyn and Deanna, and her mom Linda. Kari has been such a blessing to our family. She has been with our only family for almost 5 years taking care of Anastasia. During this time she has also become one of my best friends and often times a confidant. Also we have the same values and expections and I think that makes us such a great team. I am so thankful to have Kari, but even more so for Ana because Ana is just crazy in love with Kari. Linda, Kari's mom, has adopted Ana as her own granddaughter.
Robbyn, Deanna and the kiddos
Danica and Jesika (her best friend) with the kiddos

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Andrea, LOVE the pics. I hope you won't mind if we bring Biruk a present this week when we come. Can't wait!
Lisa

Kathy said...

Wow! What a beautiful famaily pic Andrea!! Gorgeous!

Deanna S said...

I love the pic of the whole family. I also like the one with Jessica in it. I think it is a great thing that Biruk had such a great time and I hope next year he has the same or more fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Deanna

Joy said...

That is a great family picture and what a good idea to wait a little to celebrate so that you all could really enjoy it.

Chris said...

What a beautiful family picture :)
Sounds like you guys had a great time.
Happy birthday Biruk.

Kari said...

Andrea, Thank you for inviting us to Biruk's party. My mom, the girls and I had a wonderful time...
My family is very thankful that we all come into our lives...
Love,
Kari

Amy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! YOU ARE SO BLESSED!! Amy

Crystal said...

Those are some great pictures. Looks like a fun day.

Laci said...

What a beautiful family you all are! Love you guys,
Laci

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday sweet Biruk! Hope you had a very happy first birthday in your forever family!!!!

Rebecca said...

Happy belated birthday Biruk!! What awesome pics...you have a BEAUTIFUL family!!!