The growth hormone treatment with Micah is going well. After about one week he wasn't screaming anymore but he had to have an audience. Now that he is on it for his third week, he doesn't get an audience anymore, lol. His buttocks has actually become pretty fatty so its nice to give him his shot right there and that is where he wants it. The nurse said the more fat you have to shoot in the less it hurts.
Micah has also started a 3x per week pre-school program. It was killing me to see him cry every day his siblings left for school. So he is just ecstatic to be in school. He already got the teacher totally wrapped around his finger. It is ridicules.
School conferences are starting this week. We had a really rough start with Amira but she now has become a model student after one week of being there. I sort of did the same bribe with her like I did last year and told her that her and I will have a date if she keeps doing well, and that is all she talks about is having a date with mommy. Its coming up pretty quick.
Misrak is doing extremely well, especially with math. She is so smart. She is struggling mostly with the English comprehension but how could she not being here for less than 6 month. Her spelling though is nearly perfect. Although her and Biruk are in different classes I have them do the same homework. Biruk does stuff from Misrak's class and vice versa. Biruk has 20 spelling words every Friday so I just take Misrak along for the ride. Misrak also has to journal every single day about a short book. I like it a lot because that is where her comprehension gets to work. I let her read the book first and than I read it back to her and than she writes about the book. Just about 2-3 sentences each day.
Biruk has been doing really well too. I think this year will be less painful for him because he has a very strict male teacher and that is what he needs. He keeps telling me, "mom he is just like you", lol. He has also been playing soccer for the season and is loving is with all of his heart.
There is one thing about Misrak that just came to mind. Twice while riding the bus, girls ask her if she is wearing make up. She said, "no iam pretty like that"... I said huh, Misrak?, you don't tell people you pretty and explained to her how she humbly needs to respond about her appearance or when people say she is pretty. It was so cute and innocent how she said it though. After looking at her amazing eyes, eyelashes and eyebrows today, she does look like she is wearing black eyeliner. So I finally understood why they were asking her if she is wearing make up. Plus her eyelashes just curl up naturally; like how people use that curling tool?
4 comments:
WOW! Sounds like the fam is clicking right along, settling right into the school routine. Congrats!
They sound like they are doing amazing! Love the story about being pretty :)
Hugs,
Susan
Andrea, I just found your blog today and I loved reading that you were finally able to adopt such sweet and beautiful children. So many times I have thought of you and the other families and all the experiences we had in Zambia. Maybe one day we'll all be able to reunite somehow :) Please give hugs and kisses to those precious children of yours for me.
Allie Gardner
allison.ungana@gmail.com
801.592.6136
So glad everything seems to be going so well. Glad Micah gets to go to school, too!
Misrak was just stating a fact, haha. She really is so stunning!
Post a Comment