Friday, October 15, 2010

Follow up

Thanks everyone for praying and keeping Micah in your thoughts. It means so much.

The root canal went well but the dentist said the chances are 50/50. He is on antibiotics now for 10 days and hopefully everything will drain nicely. If the abscess returns they have to pull the tooth for good. Its just dead.

I think more than anything today I am just in shock over the sedation meds they gave him. I swear I have never seen anyone really high but I have seen it on TV, it was not a nice picture. Especially seeing it on a little boy like that. The medication he got was not knocking him out but it was suppose to get his body relaxed when he shot the needle in his mouth. Boy and that he did. After the hospital he went into a deep sleep for 2 hours and once he woke up he was just crazy. He had no control over his body. He kept trying to get up and kept falling over and over and refused to sit down. He fell out of his bed 3 times because he was so restless. Now I have cushioned the floor so high that if he falls again it will be really soft. He didn't have any control over his bladder either. Poor guy he hates diapers. I ask him if I could put a diaper on him tonight just for sleeping but he said no and I didn't want to degrade him; I rather wash sheets in the morning.

I did not like this medication. When Micah had his surgery back in August he woke up and slowly but surely was coming together. This stuff he was wasted all day but I guess they had to use this to keep him awake during surgery.

I went back to work in the after noon and was really mad at Kevin because he did not tell me that Micah screamed for me all afternoon after I had left. I gave him specific instructions to call me immediately and I would turn around. I dared him to ever do that again. This was not good and I feel so bad tonight. I don't care to lose my job I'd rather nurture my kids when they need me. His voice is really hoarse tonight for screaming all afternoon.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for him. I loved his siblings how they all came together and babysit him for the rest of the afternoon after they returned from school. Biruk and Misrak even cried when they saw him because he wasn't himself. They all just love each other so much.

3 comments:

Sparrow said...

Sending all our thoughts his way-I've been checking in every hour and hope that tomorrow is better!


Susan

Jennifer said...

Poor little guy. It sounds like they need to look at the anesthesia and the amount they gave him so this doesn't happen again.
I hope he is so much better tomorrow, and I'm glad it's a Saturday so you can be home with him all day.

MH said...

This sounds so terrible. And like you wrote to Rachael about how amazing it was that she quit her job to be home, I think it equally amazing that you have kept yours in addition to all that is expected out of you at home and your loyalty to the needs of your family. You are such a mama bear of your family and it's obvious that you do whatever is needed to get EVERYBODY where they need to be and taken care of. I'm so sorry that Micah has had such a rough road to wellness. And I'm so sorry that you have to watch your little guy in pain. He will forget a lot of this as he grows. But you will remember every little bit as his protector. I've said it before and I will say it again. I'm so thankful he has you.