Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Facebook/blogging

Did you know blogger has 2 new features: Stats and Popular Posts? They are both really cool. I really like the popular post because it automatically brings up the posts on your blog that were most popular or rather most looked at.

I recently opened up a facebook account because my friend Deanne had her first court date and all my friends could see her baby before me just because they had a f/b and I didn't. I opened one. I know, lame excuse but it is the truth.

At first I was really worried I would spend hours and hours on there after the kids would go to bed but not so. I have been really proud of myself. The only reason why I think I don't spend hours is because I like to look at blogs so much better. The 2 things I really like about f/b is that you get birthday notices of your friends and I can look at their photos easier. Oh and people are writing up some corny stuff, just to write..

The one feature that I love most about f/b and hate most about blogging is this: When you are doing f/b you truly know you can see your site. I know I have had my blog private throughtout the waiting times of adoption but I guess I am at that point again. Did you know that there is this fantastic feature called "stats" and you can see who is all looking at your blog? I was shocked that my name was on the ET adoption blogs especially because I never gave permission. I was getting so many hits a day and suddenly I felt so invaded again. People staring at my precious ET kiddos, ugh!

So I was talking to Danica over the weekend and she was really upset as to who can all see my blog and she ask me to take all her pics down but she is a part of our family... btw she has ask me for a long time and I have been begging her not to. She is just really private. She is super private with her f/b too.

I dunno, I just wished that blogger had a cool feature like f/b where you have a friend list but they don't have to log in each time they want to see your blog. Anyways, if I were you, I would go on http://www.ethiopianadoptionblogs.blogspot.com/ ( yourself and see if your blog is on there.

So in the mean time I am just pondering if I am going private again just so I can keep my Danica's pictures. I bet I didnt' make much sense tonight, did I...? Been a long work day but I am rambling as usual..

1 comment:

Sparrow said...

I know what you mean-the stats page is amazing-I have regular readers in Slovenia, Turkey, and the Netherlands. Where did they come from? I don't get any traffic from the Ethiopia adoption blogs, but I did give AAI permission to post my blog. So I am hoping that they are just interested in adoption. I know that I stalked several adoption blogs during the process. I think your blog is just serving as great information for people who are genuinely interested in adoption and then after reading, they are hooked!