Thanks for checking in. I know there are some people here who are checking in on the health status of the kids, especially for Micah and his growth and some have even a deeper bond since they have known him at AHOPE. Thanks M and J and others and even the ones that I don’t know following Micah's journey home but I do appreciate you and ones loving on my boy while he was there. We will see what the future holds for us but I have nothing but good feelings even if my precious son is only 5 foot one day. I had a dear friend tell me that Micah is so amazing because I said “Yes” to God even though I was afraid.
Let's start out with Misrak’s health since it is so short. She is still super well. She doesn’t require any meds. Her viral loads look good. All she takes right now is fungus medication for her head. BTW, she passed on fungus to the other 3 so all 4 kids are on fungus meds, hehe. As for the dentist, they denied her surgery at the hospital. She will have to do it at the office over a minimum of 3 visits to fix her 11 cavities. Let’s hope she is strong enough and hangs in there. She is only 7 and that’s a lot on a 7 year old.
Now to Micah: His iron stores are actually fine now so we can stop the iron. He is still some anemic, but that could be due to a combination of the meds and low thyroid. Which is the big news-- his thyroid levels on repeat are definitely low. The Dr. wants him to take thyroid replacement pills and re-check the thyroid in November. Growth hormone test is abnormally low also, but Dr N explained that this can be falsely low as long as the thyroid level is low. Low thyroid also on its own causes short stature. We are really making great progress at what we are finding out.
Micah is still detectable which worries me that maybe he has some resistance. We might have to change up his meds but having to deal with the meds and viral loads now with all the 4 kids, even though not all are on meds I am pretty mellow about it when they are out of whack. I still remember the beginning times with Amira, it was pretty stressful, every time they went crazy I thought she was going to die:)
Micah is also on his fourth antibiotic for his ear. Still draining with wax. We have an appointment for the ENT doctor mid July; and an appointment with the cardiologist for his heart murmur. Yeah he has a heart murmur too but the doctor says not to worry that they can be false. I have truly learned not to stress anymore until I know more.
His dental surgery is scheduled for July 7 but we might not do it just yet because the Army
Hospital might do it for free but that just a hope right now. They will have to do a lot of work; putting 6 porcelain crowns on the front and 8 silver crowns in the back and much much more. Some of this teeth are so badly rottened that there isn't even a tooth left anymore. I think his teeth are out of ALL kids are the worst. Poor guy. Glad he is so happy go lucky all the time. Can you imagine what he will be like when he is in perfect health already being such a happy kid? I think Jennifer commented that once on my blog and I totally agree with her.
5 comments:
Yes, I have been checking in daily to see what you have found out about the kiddos. Sounds like you are right on top of everything and not crossing bridges before you need to. What a good lesson you are teaching all of us. Know that even though I don't often comment on the blog, I am checking on our little guy daily. Give him an extra big kiss for me tonight, OK? Much love to all.
Good to hear that things are going well with the medical stuff-I am always amazed at how strong these kids can be!
Hugs,
Susan
Wow - you have some diligent doctors. I love that. Maybe the ENT will suggest tubes for Micah's ears - like Josiah had. 4 antibiotics back to back should have cleared it up by now. I feel like I am learning from you. I think I will ask the doc to check Jeremiah's thyroid too.
Sounds like you are on the right path with Micah and his growth issues. That is excellent news! Good luck with all the dental problems.
So glad to read your updates. Poor little man's ears. Ouch. I hope they are able to help him soon. I love your picture of how happy he is... I totally saw that in the few minutes I got to love on him while in ET. Amazing how he could have been so sick and yet be so sweet and happy... can't wait to see and hear how he's doing with good medicine and LOTS of love.
Just a side note, it took E quite a long time to get his numbers down on his meds, but now he's doing great. Still not technically undetectable in the medical realm, but close enough that the Dr is happy. Maybe with everything else going on in Micah's little body it will take him a bit of time too.
Smooch him for me!!
And sorry about the dental work, that's going to be tough on her and you. Praying!!
Post a Comment