Where does the time go? It’s funny when your first kids are home for over a year you don’t remember the things that they all do when they first come home.
The children have super well adjusted. The best part always is getting to know them. And what I love about children is no matter how many you have, they are all so different.
I have noticed that Misrak and Biruk are spending a lot of time together. Don’t get me wrong, the two girls still like to play house and dolls but all in all. I think mainly because they are the two who are mature. Amira follows Micah around a lot but more than anything I think she just finds him cute as a doll. Now that his hair is growing she always wants to comb his hair. I think Amira feels more secure around Micah because she doesn’t have to compete with him like she does with Biruk and Misrak. Ha, and Micah knows how to play Amira well. She does everything for him. Sometimes I have to pull her aside and tell her he is not a baby.
Misrak is adjusting well. I just now started to think about this but she smacked Micah in the mouth hard 2x because he was rude to her or hit her. I think the KM kids went for survial of the fittest; because Biruk and Amira did the same when they first came home.
She is starting to get sad when everyone leaves in the morning so we ask the school if she can come in a few days before school is out and they said yes. She is still very doting and helpful. She loves to pout, pout a lot. Usually over something simple of not getting a specific color of something. She can pout for a very lonnnnnnnnnnnng time, like hours. Misrak loves, loves to look pretty. She always wants to make sure her hair looks nice, she wears her little head bands and every day she has to put a necklace and bracelet on. So cute.
I have noticed about Micah after getting to know him that he is super SPOILDED ROTTEN AND SUPER PICKY. The nannies and volunteers at AHope made him rotten. And how could they not, he is so darn cute. Not that its bothering me at all, frankly I think its funny because I don’t play into his ways. Obviously I am not a first time mommy so none of them can play me nor do I feel sorry for them. I have to say though that Micah is super forgiven and he forgets quickly. He picks everything out of his food with his fingers, like peppers, onions, anything weird looking. When he doesn’t like something, he gags it up on his plate. He is also left handed.
His character is one of a kind and although I said many times that Biruk is just like Kevin, well Micah is even more so like Kevin when it comes to his character. Biruk just copies Kevin with everything he does, but Micah just has Kevin’s natural sense of humor. He just makes people laugh all day with his funny laughs, noises, the way he walks, well the people that have met him know what I mean. He can jus t look at you and you start laughing. We have never laughed so much at the dinner table until our newest additions.
The children have super well adjusted. The best part always is getting to know them. And what I love about children is no matter how many you have, they are all so different.
I have noticed that Misrak and Biruk are spending a lot of time together. Don’t get me wrong, the two girls still like to play house and dolls but all in all. I think mainly because they are the two who are mature. Amira follows Micah around a lot but more than anything I think she just finds him cute as a doll. Now that his hair is growing she always wants to comb his hair. I think Amira feels more secure around Micah because she doesn’t have to compete with him like she does with Biruk and Misrak. Ha, and Micah knows how to play Amira well. She does everything for him. Sometimes I have to pull her aside and tell her he is not a baby.
Misrak is adjusting well. I just now started to think about this but she smacked Micah in the mouth hard 2x because he was rude to her or hit her. I think the KM kids went for survial of the fittest; because Biruk and Amira did the same when they first came home.
She is starting to get sad when everyone leaves in the morning so we ask the school if she can come in a few days before school is out and they said yes. She is still very doting and helpful. She loves to pout, pout a lot. Usually over something simple of not getting a specific color of something. She can pout for a very lonnnnnnnnnnnng time, like hours. Misrak loves, loves to look pretty. She always wants to make sure her hair looks nice, she wears her little head bands and every day she has to put a necklace and bracelet on. So cute.
I have noticed about Micah after getting to know him that he is super SPOILDED ROTTEN AND SUPER PICKY. The nannies and volunteers at AHope made him rotten. And how could they not, he is so darn cute. Not that its bothering me at all, frankly I think its funny because I don’t play into his ways. Obviously I am not a first time mommy so none of them can play me nor do I feel sorry for them. I have to say though that Micah is super forgiven and he forgets quickly. He picks everything out of his food with his fingers, like peppers, onions, anything weird looking. When he doesn’t like something, he gags it up on his plate. He is also left handed.
His character is one of a kind and although I said many times that Biruk is just like Kevin, well Micah is even more so like Kevin when it comes to his character. Biruk just copies Kevin with everything he does, but Micah just has Kevin’s natural sense of humor. He just makes people laugh all day with his funny laughs, noises, the way he walks, well the people that have met him know what I mean. He can jus t look at you and you start laughing. We have never laughed so much at the dinner table until our newest additions.
Life is good and tiring, but I wouldn't change a thing.
4 comments:
They are so cute!! I'm so glad it's going well. You are always in my thoughts
I haven't left a comment in a while, but I always follow and love to hear about how the kids are doing! Your descriptions of their personalities cracks me up as I saw a tiny, tiny bit of that in Ethiopia-I can picture it so much better! Ken always loves to read your comments and e-mails, I thought he was going to fall over laughing when you saw our 'fancy' bathroom. When you all left, we soon discovered that your bathroom had much better water pressure and took over that one as well as ours!
Good to hear things are going well and can't wait to hear how Misrak likes school,
Susan
Oh - I just love hearing about them and the funny quirky things they do and how their personalities are developing. I know you are enjoying every minute!
Wow, look at all the hair Micah has grown! I can see Amira following him around trying to pick him up and baby him. I love hearing about Misrak and the Famous Ethiopian Pout. It makes me laugh!
Post a Comment