Saturday, August 9, 2008

Homeschooling in Germany

I found this article link on another blog and I was utterly disturbed and ashamed that this could happen in Germany, the country I was born and raised. It looks pretty communistic to me (but the government is not). How can the system put the children in foster care and give them psychiatric interviews to make sure they are okay? I am shocked they went to this extreme. I have been a huge supporter of homeschooling thanks once again to my friend Joy for making me read a book by Voddie Buchanan, Above Rubies, and also her 24 reasons why she homeschools. I am still shaking my head over this. But I really shouldn't because I know when my day comes and I get to stay home and can homeschool my children, my family in Germany will think I have lost my mind. Oh well, they don't put food on my table, my husband and I do. Don't get me wrong, I love my extended family dearly, but we are thousands miles apart on opinions. Let's just leave it at that. I am not even getting into the adoption part difference of opinions. I am going to leave that for another day.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ah yes, families and opinions, can't really do much about that huh? The grace of God covers much. ;o)