Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Guatemala Continued

Here I was in my ABSOLUTE element. I loved having all the kids close to me. Juan A. sneaking in quickly to check on mommy and off to play soccer again. BTW, I bought him that outfit. Each day he would come home from school, he would seek me out, give me a hug and kiss and run of and play. But he always had to check on me first.
This was the hardest moment ever. Saying good bye. I put him up on chair so I could hold him forever. I never thought I would say goodbye for good.

Juan Antonio dancing. That boy had some serious rhythm.
Thelma

Kristen and the Boys (Juan A. in the middle)

Carlitos on the left, Maria F. on the right. C was a humongous boy.

Karly and the boys. Juan A. with my red cap.

Maria Fernanda pouting again because I put her down.

Maria Fernanda and I. Sharing my water.


Last night, saying good bye to Juan Antonio

I was the little toddler mama on the mission trip because nobody wanted to be bothered with the little ones because they smelled like pee and poop all day. So did I (from holding them). This was our last night below. The little ones were just exhausted. Maria F. by my shoes.

Juan Antonio and I below sharing a private moment, just the two of us. Man, I loved this boy.

Maria Fernanda (in the white shirt below with food in her mouth) was my second favorite. She was so possessive over me that on the second day she made my neck bleed because she was so jealous because I played with other children. By the time I left I had her well trained and she shared me with all the children. Of course Juan A. didn't care. He just wanted to see his mom, check in, and then he left playing soccer again. True boy. My girl (just 2) would follow me everywhere. People would say, "here is your shadow".


1 comment:

Joy said...

I loved all the pictures. I am sure it brings back bittersweet memories. I also didn't realize that was just 2 years ago. I assumed it was longer.