Friday, June 27, 2008

Photos and Emails I live by.....

I run to my mail box. I run to the computer the evenings after work just to see if someone wrote me a note, some pics, or just news about anything. And it doesn't help anything that I am not to busy these days because my kids are all grown. I think I am speaking for many adoptive parents that when we get a photo or a special note on our children it makes us jump up and down and so happy. A few days ago I got a picture of my little girl and today I got another note from a lady that was kind enough to write me back after I assured her the B the boy she met was my son. And here is what she said:

I've been meaning to write to you that your B is the B I met. He is a sparkplug. He reminds me of my son Patrick. We have a saying in our family that Patrick is always Patrick. It means that the little boy who drives you crazy by climbing like a monkey on your staircase is the same little boy who gives you kisses and cuddles. I think B will be like that. 100% boy, so energy and activity and sweetness all rolled in to one special kid.
I liked B a lot and the nuns at KM do a great job.

And it makes you feel even better when someone tells you that the orphanage is doing a great job. It's seems like the waiting is getting harder and harder and I find myself so often just missing them like crazy. I wish so much I had some extra money and vacation so I could take a quick flight to ET to visit them.

No comments: