Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oopsi, there is more....

We are adding two children, not one.

This decision was not the easiest by all means and it took a few weeks of discussions and research. When I first started looking at 3y/o boys, our little guy we chose was my favorite. I thought he blends in well with Kevin and I. Kinda could be our bio baby. There were 2 other boys with him but I told Erin I didn’t care so one was given away in the mean time because I simple said I didn’t care which one out of the three. Than there were 2 boys left. The other one was just adorable and by the looks and certainly the most favorite for the rest of my WHOLE FAMILY.

Well after reading the description of the other boy, but even more so hear about him from friend that met him, we thought that that he was way too competitive for Biruk. I simply cannot handle 2 Biruks. Don’t get me wrong, I am crazy in love with my son but he is high maintenance. He never likes anyone to be better than him, he wants all the praise, he has to be first all the time, he just needs lots and lots of encouragement and affirmations. Top off with his temper tantrums..... He still has a temper tantrum a day just because he didn’t get his way. But again, its no big deal for Kevin and I, we are working hard with him and we are "most of the time" working together and that has been huge for us. He has years to learn and we are very happy with him. So with our little man he doesn't have to worry about competing with him because he is so much younger.

Back to Him. The minute I heard about him and read his description I fell hell over heels in love with him just like how I did with M. He is very loved there, he is not all in people’s face when they come to visit and he is very smart. He is just a little lover that likes to be loved.:) He loves to repeat English words or sentences. He is totally healthy except for being positive, so is M that brings my ET's to four positive kids. Huh, I hope I never get Alzheimer so I mess up all of their doses. Lots of medications to give.

Here is the thing. He is short, really short. He looks like he is 18 mo old but he is 4. The people that have seen him can attest to it, I mean that he looks so small. At first they thought he was 3 but he is 4 but maybe he is 3 after all. Who knows anymore. Ages can be all over the place. I will probably make him 3. He has grown 1cm in 6-7mo which isn't good. But per the agency sometimes they don't grow or the charts can be all over the place. I can actually carry him in an ERGO when I pick him up (if I can find a used one:), that is how small he is. I know what your going to say, ahh don’t worry, he’ll catch up, I have heard it everywhere but you know a mother’s gut instinct, well that’s what I have and so does my Dr. Fairchok. Her and I have spend so much time talking about him (she has also included the endo dr. that specializes in growth) and what would be best but of course she doesn’t hold the magic wand but is positive about him. She thinks he might have Growth Hormone Deficiency but at the same time is not too familar with 3rd world country growth but has heard. Once here it will be easy to find out by doing x-rays and blood tests. But unfortunately we will not find out until than.

These 2 additions will be like magic and will blend well with Biruk and Amira's characters. I just know it. Plus, yeahhh I can finally do a boy room and a girl room.

I wanted to make my blog private again until kiddos are home. I never like my blogs open when I start my adoption journey. Just so I can freely express myself and don't have to be concerned about their welfare. Hope its not too much of an annoyance to check in with me because obviously my blog wont update anymore on the blogroll list.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, my, I am so excited! I just LOVEEEEE him. This made my crappy day, happy. I am so happy for your family and I hope he will be a great fit.

Unknown said...

Oh, sorry, I am logged in as Jesse since my Safari browser is on the fritz. - Courtney

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness!! You are like me....everything in two's! Triplets and a little one!
Wow!!
Congratulations!

Joy said...

You know I am ecstatic for you! I just know he is a special little guy and will touch many lives.

KelseyChristine said...

wowwwwww!!
Congrats!!

Chris said...

2 WOW !!!! I Am soooooo Jalous Andrea :)
Now that your blog in private you can post their pictures :)
Can't wait to see them .

Kathy said...

Congrats you guys! So totally awesome!! Sending big hugs your way!
Kathy