Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Today was so much to be thankful for. But especially for having our 2 little ones home with us this year. I still remember how painful last year was when I couldn't pull myself together to make Thanksgiving dinner (but still had to) because Biruk had failed court. Today, my heart was warmed all day having the kids around helping me cook, tasting all the foods I was preparing. They were just in awe because more and more was being prepared. I made them an Oreo dirt pudding as a special surprise but shockingly they didn't like it. But they loved all their dinner. Thanksgiving is not celebrated in Germany but it is my most favorite Holiday and I make a love affair of foods out of it.

After all the food, it was Danica idea to watch The Grinch with Jim Carey. Its Danica's new Thanksgiving tradition since the Grinch came out. Look at Danica, she made that face on purpose and look at Anastasia how she is in love with her Danica. The kids loved the movie!


Amira's play in school the day before Thanksgiving

Amira and her teacher. A God sent to ever say the least. She has worked wonders for my daughter.


3 comments:

Andrea said...

Beautiful! :o) Looks like a very happy Thanksgiving! My boys loved helping cook as well. Sami even made an apple crisp! ;o) Such a great day.
Blessings to you my friend! I am thankful to have gotten to know you.

Jennifer said...

What a nice, warm, cozy Thanksgiving you had! Love the pic of the kids all snuggled up, esp Anastasia.

Chris said...

Wow Anastasia sure look like she LOVE her sister :) too cute.
In Canada we do not celebrate Thanksgiving either but I really enjoy it since I moved here too :) FOOD and more food :)