Today, December 30, 2009, marks the one year anniversary that I was given my kids. As my life is always crazy, the day I received my kiddos was unforgettable. Thinking all along I would drive to the orphanage being taken in a quiet room and having the kids introduced to me??? This is truly what I dreamed and dreamed for months. Not so, not in Andrea's world. As I got to ET on 12/30, I was told that I was going to be dropped of at the guest house and someone would get my kids for me because I would have a embassy appt within an hour after I arrived in ET. So I took my suitcases there and within 30 min of being there I met my kids for the first time in a drive by on a busy street. Basically the horn blew, I ran outside by a busy street by the compound and jumped into the car. As soon as I jumped in, I had 2 crazy kids all over me screaming mommy non stop. Acting like wild hoodlums. They would go in my back pack, take out water bottles and food, throw it everywhere. Also they would not sit down and walk all over the car while we were driving. My poor precious kids where so hyper that day, I think that was the worst day of hyperness I have ever seen them. When we got to the embassy, Amira had diarrhea non stop and while I was taking her to the bathroom every 5 minutes, Biruk decided to put the waiting room under water. When I finally took the kids upstairs to the appointment, they kids were filthy dirty (didn't have a change of clothes), and all the ET people were just staring at me in the waiting room. I will never ever ever forget this day. It was so precious and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I will write more about the kids' development and stuff on their one year anniversary home.



3 comments:
I'm glad your kids and my kids were not at the Embassy together....they may have closed the place down!! haha.
My girls also carried their ziplocks around everywhere with them.
Happy One Year!!
WOW What a gotcha day it was :)
You will never forget this one huh !
Wow things are going so fast this time around .
Congratulation and Happy new Year to you and your beautiful family .
So sweet. They are just so gorgeous and I think it is so cool that you entered court on their Gotcha Day. Can't wait till your new kiddo's are home. :0)
Post a Comment