Saturday, October 24, 2009

Spending the day with Danica

Today I met up with Danica in the big city. She is in her third year of college and actually had to move out of her dorm to get her own house. She is sharing the house with 5 other girls and its really nice. She got her own room and bathroom. I am a bad mommy though after realizing today how bare her room was. So we went and bought some decorations for her room and her bathroom and got it all set up. Well we still need to hang up decorations and curtains. She has been there for nearly a month but it took us this long to set it up. Anyways, it was awesome. Danica and I have a very deep and intense relationship and the older she gets the more it freaks me out just how much we are alike. She has even inherited my bad parts such as irritations and short temper. I often have to hear from Kevin, you and your daughter are just alike because she calls Kevin as much as she calls me when frustrated. But she has many great aspects of her daddy. She is very, very outgoing and her best feature truly is that she doesn't give a care what people think about her. Its extremely important to her that people judge her from the inside, not the outside and that is probably why she goes to school mostly in sweats with her hair up in a pony tail. That is why I put the picture below because I love when Danica gets dressed up sometimes than her outside beauty comes out too.
She is turning 21 just a week after me and its right around the corner. What is really weird to her is that many of her friends, right and left, are getting married. So she often wonders where her Mr. Future husband is. I keep telling her that God has the perfect man already picked for her with Danica written all over him and one day he will reveal himself. Danica goes to a Christian college and her University is known for producing many marriages at the college. She hasn't found anyone just yet but to be truthful I think my Danica has shutters on also from her previous person she was seeing. Anyways, she only has one more year and a quarter and than she will be done (if she doesn't decide to go to grad school) so she really needs to study hard this last year. It was just good spending the day with her.
I like to add one thing and that is for her not being raised under biblical expectations for the first 16 years of her life, she turned out amazing. To top it all off she really wants to follow God the way I do. That is why I know God will protect her and the right spouse will be waiting for her that desires God even more than she does. Gosh, I love this girl.

Danica was going to a wedding

8 comments:

Chris said...

Andrea, She is so beautiful .
Sounds like you had a great time together :)

Jennifer said...

How great that you and Danica got to spend a special day alone together. It happens less and less as they get older. She is beautiful!

Thankfulmom said...

Danica is lovely through and through. We loved meeting her this summer and look forward to watching her continue to grow in godliness.

Lisa

Andrea said...

What a beautiful post! And beautiful girl.;o) Some day her prince will come! ;o)

Lisa said...

Andrea, sounds like a great time with your beautiful daughter.
Lisa

Leslie said...

That is so cool! I love hearing about your special day with your daughter!

Amy said...

She's so beautiful just like her mama!

Deanne said...

Man, she sure is beautiful. I just love your whole entire family and no, I won't delete you comment. You are too funny and I love you. Deanne