Friday, October 30, 2009

Amazing News

Today, President Obama has lifted the travel ban for HIV/AIDS people. See here. I am just in shock, in awe, I am so overwhelmed with happiness and joy. I only wished my little ones could understand what a significant day this is. I will make this a holiday for my family. Its suppose to be in effect starting in the New Year. For those who don't understand, what I mean is that when we go to ET to pick up our children, we have to wait for approximately 2-3 weeks (and that's fast), sometimes longer to get the waiver to travel. In addition, it cost an additional $545.00 for the waiver and the additional hotel money for the extra days. Finally these precious families adopting positive children get treated just like all the other families. What a glorious day!!!!

4 comments:

Signe said...

Glorious news, I thought this day would never come.

Kathy said...

It is Amazing isn't it? So exciting that we are moving FORWARD!

Jennifer said...

Yes, one more step forward! Great news! One less obstacle....hallelujah!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.