Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Home one Week

Amira, the daredevil. She loves the dog.
Amira loves to have her pics taken. Every time I put a new outfit on her, she says "photo, photo".
Below, leaving for our first outing


I can't believe we have been back already for one week. Where does the time go? The kids are doing just wonderful. We hardly have anymore tamper tantrums, if so mostly from Biruk. He is very sensitive. Their personalities are absolutely to die for. They are funny and happy all the time. I am so glad they have each other to entertain. Oh and Amira is just a loud as Biruk. That girl is not meek or shy at all, she just acts like that with strangers. The only thing I really, really don't like is how they are just walking up to people and want to be picked up and are so friendly with everyone. That is why I have been pretty much keeping them with me and in the house so they can attach to our family and not all these weird strangers and think it is cute how they are acting.

They have from the very beginning adjusted to their sleeping schedule. They sleep from about 7:30 to 6:30 and take 2 hours naps in the afternoon. Even if I wouldn't let them take naps, they still falling asleep by 7:30. We really never had any jetlag or sickness. I think I was just a little tired from not sleeping in ET but am doing pretty well too now.

They love everything I have cooked. I am not much of a ordering out person so everything is from scratch and they just love it. They love fresh vegetables, meat and potatoes. Any kind of potatoes from baked to mashed to whatever potato. I have also made them a warm breakfast every morning. Need to fatten them up a little bit.

Amira has only wetted the bed one time since home. They are not afraid of the bathtub or toilet anymore. Each one was a nightmare for them when I first got them. I think and hope that the horrible lice are completely going, at least I don't see anymore.

Tomorrow they will have their first dentist appointment which I know will be horrible for Amira. Her teeth are so rotten I have never seen anything like that. Poor baby. I know they will probably have to jank out at least her 4 front teeth. But lets see what the dentist says.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Andrea
Your children look so good and happy. I know I keep saying this :)
I think that it is a good thing that you are keeping home for the bonding phase . ( sorry I cannot write in english tonight )
You are the best mom .
I look horrible compare to you and Joy .;)

KelseyChristine said...

Zeni lights up whenever she sees their pictures and just giggles and giggles as she says "Hiwot!" "Biruk". She couldn't believe Amira was next to the dog...

Matthew and Amanda said...

I would want my picture taken all the time too if I was that cute!

I know what you mean about the indiscriminate affection. 10 months home and we are still working on it..... It's hard to tell what's just a cultural thing and what is something more.

I hope the dentist isn't too bad for you guys!

Amanda

Marissa said...

How have I missed your blog? I lost it somehow. They look SOOOO beautiful and happy. I know you are savoring every moment!

Joy said...

Amira looks so lively - I guess your hunch was right that she is not shy. She fooled me! That is such a blessing that Amira and Biruk have eachother - not only now, but as they grow too.