Thursday, January 29, 2009

How are things?

Today I just wanted to get out a few pics with Kevin and the kids. I have written some more below. Really I have to say, in the beginning Kevin was never to fond of adopting 4 year olds. He likes older kids. 10 and up. But I always knew that once they got here, things would change. I just know my husband. The kids got Kevin wrapped around their fingers and I think he is good therapy for them because he is a wild man and all kids need that!!!!!!

Getting the dog food ready. They both love the dog now and absolutely enjoy feeding him.
Below they are all playing crazy in the kids' tent in their room.


Everything is still wonderful. The kids are talking up a storm. They still love all the foods I give them and Biruk LOVES milk. Amira doesn't. But I still give her a cup each day and she will drink it for me anyway. That's my girl. They already know several words and sentences. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly kids learn. Oh and I am told they talk with a German accent. Huh, where do you think that is from. I bet my girlies I met at REACH camp can just imagine what my kids sound like in a mixture of my accent, an ET accent and trying to speak English. Amira just sounds adorable but she is speech impaired. I am still waiting for several appointments to come through, including the developmental peds who suppose to evaluate her.

They love their daddy because he plays crazy with them. They also act really mischief around him. Totally different with me. Biruk got in trouble with Kevin for the first time yesterday because when he picked them up from my dentist appointment, Biruk insisted on sitting in the front seat without a seat belt. Duhhh, would you think that get him in trouble. While Biruk was in ET, his wonderful driver Abraham always let him set in the front seat while driving him to Dr. appointment and I think Biruk thought it was the manly thing to do that he would sit in the front seat with "daddy", who knows. Kevin said he just got hysterical on him for a minimum of 30 min and he was about fed up.

Once I go back to work and Kevin has the kids every afternoon things will change because than he has to be more of a disciplinarian and just doesn't see them a few hours each day like he is now. It will be a good learning experience for him. All the things the kids do to him they never do to me. They even sneak outside without their jackets to jump on the trampoline.

I am still very frustrated about the whole dentist thing. The real figures come in and it will cost me $5,700 out of pocket to get Amira's teeth done. Well, they can kiss me because I am going to have to keep shopping. Hopefully I will run into a dentist who has mercy on me and understands that I am not growing money on trees.

4 comments:

Laci said...

You might want to try looking into the UW pediatric dental clinic.

Leslie said...

It sounds like you all are doing great! I can't wait to hear their cute accents! I pray that you find some help with getting Amira's teeth done--that is so frustrating.

Matthew and Amanda said...

It's so fun to watch Dads be silly with their kids. it is my personal opinion that Dads tend to be the silliest because deep down inside a small part of them is still a kid!

Good luck with the dentist - we got a second opinion and boy am I glad we did. It was a TOTALLY different assessment of what needed to be fixed and how. The out of pocket expenses were WAY different too!

Chris said...

Daddy's are fun :) Avd prefer her daddy than me now . Except when she is tired or hungy or upset she want her mom :) But daddy is more fun to be around :) YA RIGHT !!!
Sounds like you guys are doing great .
For the dentist part I read what Joy said the other post and I have to agree that her teeths might fall within a year . If It was me I would not put that amount of money for her baby teeths.If it was her adults teeths I would . What if they are gone within a year ???? Wow sorry about my English :( Sorry just my opinion.