First I start off with Biruk. His teeth are perfect. No cavities. Both of them just did incredible at the dentist. They behaved very well and didn't cry.
Now to Amira. As I suspected, she needs oral surgery. Every single one of her teeth is messed up but the dentist said her gums aren't affected for her new teeth coming in one day. He gave me the option of pulling out some teeth (4 in the front) and or he could put crowns on it. Ha, I guess that is not an option as I will not have my baby run around toothless for the next three years until her new teeth come in. He did stress the urgency of getting her dental work done immediately.
Unfortunately my insurance only covers 50% of everything plus I will have to pay full price for the anesthesiologist as these guys are usually not covered. He recommended I get it all done in one day instead of having it done over 6 times. He said it would be easier on Amira also. So basically I am looking at paying at least $4,000.00 because the anesthesiologist is $2,000.00 alone. At least that is what the dentist said. I better wait until I get my estimate.
Poor princess Amira, we will get her fixed up, somehow. That girl has the most charming smile I have ever seen and I just can't wait when her teeth look nice..
4 comments:
OOCH For Amira and OOCH for the bill.
She already look great so can you imagine with nice teeths:)
Have a great weekend.
Yep, the first thing I thought of was ouch! both for her and for you. Who knew teeth could be so expensive?!? Praying it will all come together for you.
Amanda
Oh poor baby girl and poor mommy and daddy. Dentist bills are NO FUN! :0( Amy
I would make sure you get other estimates. I know it takes time, but it is worth it. Also, all of my kids lose their teeth at 5, but some don't lose them until 6. If she is close to losing them, it would be a shame to spend all that $.
Post a Comment