First of all, Amira and Biruk are absolutely ecstatic to have a new brother and sister coming. They tell me every day not to buy beds and please let them sleep in their bed. I think the way we will set up the rooms for the moment is making a sleep room (with all 4 together) and a playroom. If Misrak and Micah have night terrors we might split them up. But that is what we are planning on doing.
Biruk hasn't changed much with his crying and know it all attitude so I am hoping that will change some with Micah coming. We keep explaining to him that he is an older brother now and he needs to set a leader example because Micah will look up to him.
Amira is happy to still be the baby. Its good that way because she still is so dependant and attached to me. I told her she will still be my baby girl and Micah will be the baby boy; she said that's fine. I am really looking forward to the girls playing house and doing all the girly things together. Biruk gets so annoyed when Amira asks him to play house. And they boys can do their boys toys stuff.
As to the kids' sizes I am pretty right on I think with having Micah in an 18mo clothing (it might be big on him) and Misrak in a 6. I know Amira is in a 5-6 now and per Misrak's measurements she is Biruk's height basically just about a head taller than Amira. But she looks just so petite I am a little stressed out about the shoe sizes. I think I buy some crocs in a few different sizes. Although Micah has his beloved pink crocs right now which he cannot wear them anymore once we pick him up. They will have to go in his memory box (:
Oh and lastly, Danica was a little shocked or disturbed (she thought we should have waited longer:) but than after I wrote her that we will be fine and we could handle ourselves she wrote this:
I know mommy I am very proud of you, your doin a wonderful thing for these children no matter what! And your an awesome WONDERFUL mother no doubt about that or else I wouldn't be the way I am and we wouldn't have the relationship we do! Your great!
Actually Danica and I are extremely close so it means a lot to me that she wasn't totally blown away by this new adoption.
6 comments:
A. is wearing a size 13 shoe - if I had to guess I'd guess that your Misrak would need a 9 or 10 - she is really really tiny.
We did get a report on A. about 4 weeks after court and it had all her sizes on it - the volunteers do it and it was a wonderful gift for us, so something to look foward to.
I love your kids, all six of them. I can't wait until we can all get together. Great post Andrea!
Oh my do I have to catch up. I wondered why you hadn't written on your blog since the ThanksGiving post. I had no clue you went private. I thought something was wrong with my blog updater so I clicked on it-----what a surprise I received. So excited, k gotta go read all your entries. Love you, Deanne
What a sweet email from your daughter. Says so much about your parenting. I am just so excited for you guys. I love the idea of a sleep room and a play room- now why didnt I think of that?? :0) Praying for you all!
What a nice note from Danica. So nice to have supportive children. I'm glad, too, that Amira is okay with sharing the baby position. I bet the 4 littles will have a blast together (most of the time!).
What excitement! I just loved Danica's words - I am sure that just made your heart so happy to read that.
Post a Comment