Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Gut tells me to fight

I am sort of puzzled of what to do. The kids have court Friday. Should I start to plead with the senator's office now or wait till Friday to find out if the kids even passed court? Chances are, two separate cases... you know what I mean..

Lets be realistic here as to when I could possibly receive my I171 approval. I have contacted our USCIS office weekly to inquire how my file is moving and I hear the same thing every time. Its on the adjudicator's desk to be looked at. Do the math. I only had my fingerprinting done 1 month ago today. When I went onto the various websites for congressman and senator under questions and answers for petitions, it says that the adjudicator just cannot move your petition up if you haven't waited long enough. So can the senator's office really help me with where I am at in the process?

I am crying out for help. Does anyone have any advice for me as to who to contact or what is wise to do. Rather if I go to the congressman site or the senator or whatever public office site, they all point me back to our Tacoma office. I will not deal with those people in my city, I have already dealt with them twice and my problems were much larger than what I am facing now and they didn't get anything done. Have you guys dealt with the people in your city or in your capital if you needed a rush job?

The fact is that if my kiddos do pass court this coming Friday, I am strapped to my chair and cannot even schedule an embassy appt. Plus, once I get the I171 approval, the packet still has to go the ET..

Awhhhhhhh, join the wonderful world of adoption.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

What is "waited long enough?" That's crazy. It doesn't hurt to call them, let them know what's happening and ask for some help. All they can do is say no. Our Senator's office was great when we called them. We only had to do it once though, so that was great. Sorry you are still waiting though... I know you are wishing it would be over so you can go get them.
Praying for you!

Amy said...

You know I say call them ALL and fight. It's your kids- and I can't think of anything more worth fighting for. :0) Love you. And boy am I having a rough day today waiting (on pictures and to hear news!) This is my worst day yet. Praying for Friday! Love, Amy

Signe said...

I will be praying for you, and I can pray with you on Thursday!

Jennifer said...

CALL them all. Also, can your social worker maybe call? Mine had an "in" with a person processing the 171H's and it was great. You never know.
Thinking of you this week; esp on Thursday night. Praying.