Friday, November 13, 2009

Best Friends - Now and Then

When I see these guys together, my heart warms but I also want to cry. Cry just out of happiness that we are able to keep up with their friendship. Even though we live 6 hours apart, we make it work. Those who haven't read my blog for long, Biruk and Nes were best friends before they came to the orphanage, they were dropped off the same day, and their moms are best friends. I have met both of the moms and each mom equally care about those boys. When Biruk said goodbye to Nes, that little guys stopped eating for days the nuns told me. I had to keep reminding Nes and keep going back to the orphanage to tell him his mommy would be there soon and I promised him. I love this little guy like he is my own son and I know Signe feels just the same about Biruk. They just have this special bond that can never ever be broken or shaken. I got some really good pics of Omega and Amira but I will share them another day. I just wanted this to be about Biruk and Nes today.
November 2009
They just had milk but this is my favorite picture


January 2009


5 comments:

Deanne said...

It melts my heart and makes me want to cry. I love you all so much. Andrea, I miss you dearly and want to see you so badly. I have still been laughing every day this week when I think about our conversation we had on Sunday. Love you all and the kids.

Kathy said...

OMG they are just the cutest!! It's so amazing how much they have grown!

Signe said...

They are special little boys. They really have grown this year in so many ways. Nes already wants to go back. I'm glad God put these boys in our homes for them, and for us.

Andrea said...

ah! I love it! It's so great that they get to hang out together still. What a gift!

Jennifer said...

It is just so beyond wonderful that the boys are able to keep their special friendship that started in Ethiopia. I love that last picture.