Thursday, August 27, 2009

24 years

Today is our 24th anniversary. I love being married to this amazing man. I think I love him the most for being such an incredible father to our children. Me going to work all day and Kevin having to watch the little ones so much has really showed me how awesome he is and taking on a motherly role for a little while. It was a huge step for Kevin of having to start the parenting all over again as he was not nearly as excited as I was about adopting. Prior to our adoption, he was looking forward of just being him and me. He likes to have me all to himself and not share me but I have proven to him that I am "superwoman" and I can do it all, be a good wife, go to work and take care of my family and not neglect his time especially. My husband always comes first over anyone in this family and I have always had it this way and never will have it any other way.

Life is soooo good. I am waiting for Danica to come home so Kevin and I can have some time together this afternoon and she will watch the kiddos for us.

Kevin and I were resting at the beach and Danica took that little snapshot

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! So happy for you two. Twenty-four years is incredible!! Keep up whatever you're doing. It's working!
Suzan

Andrea said...

oh I love it! ;o) Happy Anniversary! What a blessing! Can't wait to say the same some day.

Signe said...

Congratulations, that was a really sweet post, and some great pictures. You guys are amazing. Isn't it funny how God works in our lives when we are so young and foolish, and gives us such perfect partners. Enjoy your day!

Rebecca said...

What awesome pictures!! Happy Anniversary....24 years...wow!! That's almost unheard of now days!!
P.S. Not only is Ava 39.5" tall, she weighs 46.5 lbs! Eeek!!!

Joy said...

Happy Anniversary! You are richly blessed. I love Danica's picture of you too on the beach - so tender and romantic.

Chris said...

Love your post :)
Happy anniversary.
You giys look so happy and I also love the pictures .

Amy said...

ADORABLE! Happy Anniversary!!! Love you! Amy

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary! You are a beautiful couple.