Friday, August 28, 2009

Official Re-adoption

First off I wanted to say that I do realize that I am posting like a mad woman this week but I wanted to make sure I could capture every day since so much was/is going on.

Today we had our re-adoption. Our kiddos are official Americans. We drove all the way to Port Townsend which is 2 hours away but it was so worth it. This court is so easy with the documents they wanted and the wait time. So I figured I'd rather use up a half day of going there vs. having all this paper stress and wait. They were running about an hour behind so the kids got really impatient and loud while waiting. Rightfully so. It was short and sweet. I think I was the most emotional, everyone else was like whatever, especially the little ones. I don't think they grasp today just how special this day was. All I need to do now is get American passports and everything is done, finally. Awhh, what a relief.

Notice Biruk's messy shirt? He had to be rude and not listen so he went behind my back and got his own water and see what happened. He was showing out a lot today, like at least 5 times.
Outside after the re-adoption This is what Biruk looks like when he is about to cry and scream like an infant. Its so funny, he will always put his left hand by his eye and about 5 min later he is about to go off.
This was another AAI family who joined us all the way from Bellevue. We met them for the first time but they came home from ET just a week after us. They had the most precious sibling set, ages 2, 7, 9. They too started all over again having a 19 year old bio son going off to college.
Biruk in his element with the other 2 girls
Having icecream after court
This amazing lady, Chris Little, came out today to help us through the date and final papers. She has adopted many from Ethiopia. I was so blessed to have finally met her in person. She is one of the families through AAI that had one of the first kids came home from ET I think she said 10 years ago.
Kevin fixing Biruk's shirt.
Waiting to be heard infront of judge

5 comments:

Andrea said...

What a wonderful day!!! Congrats on the re-adopt. I know it's so great to have that done. :o) AND you got to hug Christ Little! :o) She was a God send while we were in Ethiopia last time.
Beautiful pictures!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh you all look so great! BEAUTIFUL family- makes me smile every time I see you all!

Jennifer said...

The kids look adorable. What a great day, finally! Congrats to the whole family!

Signe said...

Whew, it is all done.

Isn't it funny how adoption involves so much waiting, no matter what county you are dealing with?

You all look so stylish. Biruk looks so much like Nesradine when he is cranky. I miss you guys!

Laci said...

Congratulations Andrea, what a precious family you have! Looks like you ate icecream at the same place we did!