My kids are now home a little over 6 months. Where did the time go. When I look back now, so much has happened. Biruk from the beginning was very healthy but Amira was pretty messed up. I have to report now that I think all is behind us. She had a giant, nasty fungus on her head, MERSA in her nose, surgery to her huge mollescum and oral surgery because most of her teeth were decayed. The only thing wrong with Biruk was that he tested positive for TB but chest-xrays revealed he was negative. He has to be on meds for 1 year. As to their HIV (+), Biruk was always fine. Still doesn't require any meds. Amira has been taking meds since she was at the orphanage (her viral loads used to be pretty bad) but after being home for about 2 months she became undetectable. They now only have to see the Dr. every 2 months to check in and have their blood drawn to make sure their viral loads are okay.
Here are some things about Biruk: Biruk is VERY outgoing and friendly. He will strike up a conversation with anyone (when he is with Kevin, when he is with me I am a bit overprotective because I don't think he should talk to every stranger there is so he is careful who he talk to) He is a neat/clean freak, talks ALL the time, loves true boy stuff, a pleaser (he wants everyone to think he is perfect until he comes home to momma). His English is amazing. Has crazy, crazy bonded with his daddy. I am just stunned how sneaky Kevin and Biruk are together behind my back, its hilarious. They even sneak out to ride Danica motorcycle (yeah really). The only think that I would have to complain about is that Biruk ALWAYS interrupts conversations and gets sassy with me when daddy is around, like doesn't want to listen at all but i know that is Kevin's and my fault and we need to work on that.
Here are a few things about Amira (almost everything what Biruk is, she is opposite): Amira is sooo messy but mainly in their room and it drives Biruk crazy. She doesn't care what people think of her and gets in trouble more often, she is a true momma's girl. Amira loves dolls and taking care of them. She is also an introvert. Although she is so sassy, I would say Amira is also very meek, sensitive, and shy. She is also very obedient. She loves, loves talking about ET and her mom in ET and she want to go back all the time but she wants me to come. Amira gets stuck a lot with her English but she is doing so well. I think the only think about Amira that bothers me is that she is still too friendly and wants to climb up on people like she is a little girl. She has gotten so much better though since she first came.
We had Dairy Queen ice cream (cookie dough), 6 candles for 6 months


6 comments:
I can not believe they have been here for 6 months. It has been really nice spending time with thwm this summer.They both are doing really well.
Love and blessings,
Deanna
can you believe it?! I remember when we thought we would never get to ethiopia. they look so great and happy! congrats on 6 months!
luv ya guys. Lisa
YAY! Congrats on 6 months home! ;o) They are so darned cute!
I love how God sets these kids in families that are the right ones!
I am so happy for all of you! Six months home, when it seemed like they would never get here is amazing. Praise God for His goodness.
The time has really flown by. I love the toothless grins. What a fun celebration.
I think you need to keep an eye on your cars with Biruk and Kevin around, and the motorcycle is too scary to think about. My kids love it too.
Loved the post. Thank you for sharing a little more about their personalities. I loved that. Isn't it such a joy to discover our children's personalities??
Happy 6 month anniversary.
Amanda
Post a Comment