Friday, July 10, 2009

Amira the Bully

Amira and Biruk are at summer camp this week. I figured it would be nice for them to have that fun time with kids' their ages and play with kids from different backgrounds. As I picked them up this afternoon, I had 3 notes written from 3 different counselors re: Amira. She was hitting 4 teenage and adult counselors, when told to be in time out she said "no, I am not in time out" and got up over and over and refused to sit in time out. She also told the teachers they need to say "please to her" if she has to do something, such as get off the swing or whatever. She pretty much told everyone today she wasn't listening and she was going to show out. Those are just a few things broiling up today, but I just found out today that stuff happened all week but the counselors said today hit the ceiling when she hit the teachers. I guess I am writing this because I am somewhat perplexed she hit the teachers, really I thought she was a teacher's pet... Not so. She has one more week of camp in another 3 weeks so I am curious to see how that week goes. I need to talk to the camp director because the one thing they do is as soon as I get there in the mornings, teenage girls are in line wanting to hold her and love on her like she is some exotic doll or something. I am gonna tell them they need to back off because Amira could be confused with the fact the everyone is spoiling her so why would she have to listen to anyone. Does that make sense? Those of you who know me can probably imagine that it was not fun for Amira and I to have a talk tonight, even though she is my princess. (Really I very much dislike when she is in trouble, and Biruk is just in heaven when she gets in trouble by me)

After I told Kevin what happened he told me that she hit him before too but I never knew. He just blew it off but there is really nothing to blow off I thing. He is very easy with the kids.

Nothing bad to report about Biruk, he just wants to please all the time except for me. He never gets in trouble outside the house. He wants everyone to think he is so perfect. Reminds me of me when I was young.

Anyway, nothing serious I just like to journal this so I can look back at it and see when it happened last.

Hm, does she look like she has some sass?

4 comments:

Andrea said...

lol, sounds like my E. He's got some sass as well. They certainly test some boundaries huh? I will be in prayer for you ;o) She is such a cutie!

Leslie said...

Oh goodness! It's hard to hear about something after it's been going on for awhile and then try to deal with it. I hope your conversation went well (as well as possible that is, I know it is hard especially when they don't like correction.) Praying for y'all!)

Marissa said...

She's got sass in her eyes for sure. :) I love hair.

Thankfulmom said...

She looks like she has some serious cuteness - and maybe needs some help learning not to hit. I'm in the thick of it with you!