Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July, Beach

I love taking pics of my new kiddos and the rest of my family. Can you tell? We had a great 3 day weekend which is almost coming to an end, unfortunately): Friday, we went to the ocean to visit Signe and her family but didn't stay long because I thought Anastasia was having a full blown seizure coming on. She was acting really strange and it scared me being 2 hours away from home. With the little time we had, the kids had a blast and where playing in the ocean water and with kites. I love how doting Signe's girls are with Amira. They just swoop her up and I don't have to worry about her. Biruk was hanging out with Nes and Soren. Too bad I didn't get one picture of Nes and Biruk together.

Yesterday we went to see the fireworks and although the kids were scared in the beginning they had a blast. They really, really enjoyed it once it got started. Although we explained to them how special the 4th is, they cannot even fathom yet what a special day this is but they enjoyed it so much. Also I loved having Danica join us at the ocean and the fireworks. Even though she is home most weekends she has been around our family so much since the kiddos came home. Even though she keeps saying she doesn't like little kids, she is just becoming so fond of the little ones. With her being in the 3rd year of college she didn't have to be with us but she wanted to join us anyway just to watch more of the little ones' firsts. They had neither seen the fireworks or the ocean yet. Soon all the firsts will be over. We are coming up on a half year already. We just had a really good time this weekend.

Biruk is just crazy about his daddy and they are like 2 peas in a pot. They are wearing matching shirts.
Being funny. This man is crazy about his FIRST son.
Watching the fireworks
I love this picture so much. Amira just cuddled up with Danica

Danica, Biruk and Amira. The fireworks are about to begin


AT THE OCEAN BELOW

Biruk and Soren. Biruk is pouting because it wasn't his turn to hold the string
Biruk in the mix with the girls
Love this picture below.
Danica, Soren, Amira. I think Soren likes us a lot. He is always near when we are around. I love hanging out with that little guy. Honestly, I just want to put him in my suitcase and steal him.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful, perfect weekend!
Glad the kids enjoyed the fireworks!

Marissa said...

What wonderful pictures. Looks like so much fun!

Joy said...

I know I keep saying this, but I think these are my favorite pictures of your kids/family. I too love the ones of Danica and the kids and Kevin with Biruk. Tell Kevin thank you for serving our country. It is because of people like him, we can continue to celebrate our freedom. Also Andrea, Biruk is looking so much older and taller already!

Andrea said...

great pictures! Looks like a ton of fun!

Signe said...

Danica is just great with kids. My kids think her motorcycle is the coolest thing ever!

The fireworks at the beach were amazing. Next year we should all stay out there for the fourth. Looks like you guys had a great time in the city though.

I'm very glad Ana is okay. I prayed for you guys all the way home. I'm becoming very fond of her.

Crystal said...

Looks like fun, I miss you!! Computer still broken.

Amy said...

I'm SO GLAD you like to take pictures of your kids cause I LOVE seeing them!! :0) Amy