I just wanted to wish my dad in Germany, my wonderful husband, and all the other daddies out there a happy Father's Day.
Although I had a pretty tough childhood growing up with my dad I have forgiven him since I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. Bitterness is not a good thing to hang on to. Too bad that he still doesn't realize he did anything wrong raising all 5 of us and has never ask any of us children for forgiveness.
The sweetest thing that came out of this is that the Lord has blessed me with an incredible husband, a daddy for MY children that I have always dreamed of having. A daddy that would walk them down the isle when they get married. Nothing but fond memories for a little girl and growing up wanting a husband just like her daddy. That is the daddy my wonderful husband is to my children and the memories my children will have of him. Thank you Jesus for blessing me with Kevin.
I love you Kevin, with all my heart and soul. You are simply "irresistible":):)!!!
My daddy in Germany with my niece Charlize. He has suffered from Parkinson's Disease for the past 20 some years but refuses to take meds. He is doing incredible well for not using any meds.

2 comments:
Fathers day is bittersweet for me also. I am not as good of a Christian as I have not forgiven yet. Tell Kevin Hi and happy fathers day. He is a great guy.
Lisa
What a sweet post. You and Kevin are so great, I'm glad you had a special day.
And you are right, my kids would fit into your family. Maybe we can travel to Germany together someday.
Post a Comment