Things at home are really really good with Biruk and Amira. They have started their preschool program and just love it. They wished the could go every day but unfortunately its only every other day. They were so thrilled last Friday when the yellow bus picked them up for school. I think that is really the coolest thing when adopting international because its so much pleasure to watch the children finding out all these new things every single day.
They talk so much already. Really there is no problem understanding them at all. They speak many full sentences. They sleep through the night from 7:30 to 7:30. Amira occasionally pees in the bed but that is usually our fault for someone giving her something to drink too late. I don't have to punish her at all anymore. Amira is really good. In fact she is so sensitive with me that I have to be really careful because I can easily hurt her precious feelings. Everyone else calls her sassy but I think she has a wonderful personality that many people die for to have. I take her mostly everywhere with me and she is so good for me. She just sits in the cart and smiles at me the whole time.
Biruk is really awesome too. He really has bonded with Kevin which I wanted and dreamed of all along. Biruk is highly intelligent and picks up on things like its nothing. I have to watch Kevin though with his talking because sometimes he throws some slang in there and Biruk picks it right up. He is also really helpful and very neat with everything he does. He does an amazing job at cleaning up his room.
The kids are really polite and well behaved already. I know this sounds really conceded but I think this is all to the goodness of me. When I first got them they would eat with their hands, smack, talk with their mouth full, eat from each others' plates, interrupt constantly. They don't do anything of the above. I started training them up the minute I got custody of them so I had a good 7 weeks with them between ET and staying home. I just cannot stand kids who are disrespectful to adults or rude. It doesn't make any sense to me. After all we are suppose to raise them and they are not suppose to raise us. To some that might not make that much sense because they had a hard life but to me I feel kids need structure.
They also say "how are you", "I am fine; thank you", "excuse me" all the time.
With that all being said, it has been a pure joy to have them but I think Kevin and I never have it easy by having another child in our lives that is hard and gives us lots of problems.
When we raised Danica and Anastasia, Danica was an angel for us and while we were raising her we had a hardcore life with Anastasia because of her Autism and many other diagnosis that she received but I don't want to get into it on this blog. Few friends and our families only know to well about that and what we have been through.


4 comments:
Happy Valentines Day Andrea. I thought your post was beautiful, and honest. I will keep praying for you and your precious family. We are really looking forward to actually meeting you SOON!
Happy Valentines Day Andrea! Can you please tell Biruk that Alemayu (Zerihun - the kids know him as Alemayu) says Hi!!
Kathy
Hey Andrea
The kids are beautiful. I am so happy for you and Kevin.
Joy Hill
I'm so happy for you that you have your long awaited children with you. God's plans are bigger than ours, aren't you glad? :) Lots of love
Post a Comment