Friday, October 3, 2008

Less Than 2 Weeks

It's hard to believe the time is almost here for the kids to have court. I have been checking with people to see if my immigrations packet is in ET but I have not heard back. I would be seriously mad if it wasn't, especially after the National Visa Center said it is and I have been wanting to find people out.

We have finally moved Danica into the basement before she went back to college and the kids' room is ready to have stuff moved in. Actually little things I can do. I am somewhat on a budget. I still have to paint one wall back to yellow, its burgundy right now.

I found some cool things last weekend and the weekend before. I found a really nice wooden box for toys, a set of 80 matchbox cars, 2 other big cars, a play tent, a doll stroller and carrier. Found some really cool bedding for my boy some other time, has lots of balls on it and its mostly blue, yellow and red so I am going to have to look some more for my girl.

Stuff is just so expensive. I need a huge throw rug or something since we have hardwood floors. I am hoping to buy the kids' beds right after they make court. Kevin will not let me make that purchase prior to it.

Otherwise I am above the moon these days, can't stop thinking about my precious kids and just want to hold them sooooo badly. Hopefully they will be home before Christmas, hopefully.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

It's so hard to prepare, especially on a budget! Boy do I know! Have you tried hitting garage sales,and consignment shops? I just picked up 2 sleepers for E today for $2. Not bad.
I am praying for a first time pass in court, and a QUICK travel date afterwards. We travelled in December to pick up N, and it was just beautiful there! Hang in there!

Joy said...

It won't be long now! I am so excited for you. Are you back to garage saling? It sounds like you found some sweet stuff.