Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Tree Farm

I figured I better post my pictures so I don't get too behind. I have been so swamped with stuff I haven't even checked my favorite blogs.. Hopefully this weekend. I love December so much but why does it always have to get so busy?

Anyways, we always get a fresh tree from Home Depot but this year we started another new tradition and went to the tree farm. WE LOVED, LOVED this tree farm. We love the fresh scent we have in the house of a wonderful smelling tree. I am glad everyone agrees in our family that the only way to go for us is a real tree.

All the children were just amazed and had so much fun looking at all the trees.

We had hot chocolate afterwards and when we got home Danica did some paper snowflakes with the kids and then 3 of the kids decorated the tree a little bit.

As of right now the tree or house is still not fully decorated. Hopefully I get done this weekend. but who knows. Office party, kids' school plays, and on and on..


Arriving at the tree farm


Our beloved tree. Kevin is cutting him and everyone is helping
Its falling..
Ready to carry it to the street for pick up
We did it!!! Micah is mad again, lol, who know about what this time:)
The best part! Hot Chocolate
Danica wanted to take this picture. She was cracking up how his height was almost matching the tiny trees
Danica teaching the kids how to make snowflakes.. Micah is up to no good:)
Trying to rough house his sister
Decorating the tree. I always let the kids do the bottom of the tree where they can reach



5 comments:

Sparrow said...

We go to the tree farm this weekend and I can't wait. I love the picture where Micah looks mad-what a cutie pie.
Ken and I haven't had a babysitter since we came home with the boys-I've decided after reading your blog that the reason why is that we are waiting for Danica to move in next door. The pictures with her making snowflakes with the kids is priceless.
Lot's of love,
Susan

Jackie Johnson said...

What a precious family on a special day. I feel like I was right along with you on this great adventure. Now you'll have to let them watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. :)

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful tree and a great tradition.
Your girls and my girls would have a great time with their dress up clothes.

Leslie said...

How fun! What a sweet experience to share as a family. Big hugs to all of you.

Grace said...

Did I mention at the party that this tree farm is only 3-4 blocks from our house :)

Next time you're on the island we all have to get together...

I love being able to catch up on your lives here now that I have your blog info...