Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Pink Crocs

Look at my bad boy, he is sticking out his tongue:)
The day I saw Micah for the first time I hoped with all my heart he would wear his favorite pink crocs so I could take them home. Guess what, he did!!!! Yeahh. And guess whatelse. Not only did I get a hold of his pink crocs but also his whole outfit that he had on when I picked him up. I was so thankful that he was looking the way he did. Dirty and grimy. My other 3 kids from Kidane, they got groomed, bathed and a new pair of clothes before they departed so they never looked like they did in the picture I collected when I was waiting. Micah's outfit was priceless. Micah looked like a true orphan with that dirty smell on him. Sooo good. Awhh, its a smell that never left my senses. That outfit he had on with his pink crocs is tucked away in his memory box sitting in a little plastic bag.

This was the first story I received about Micah and his pink crocs. A mom visiting over there told me he is obsessed with them and would not share these crocs with anyone. He would carry them anywhere. What had happened in the picture below is that one of his buddies took his one croc and Micah went ballistic.












carrying his pink crocs below

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

those are some well-loved pink crocs! what a treasure to keep for him.

Jackie Johnson said...

I too remember the well-worn pink crocs. I'm in hopes that he can upgrade to another color soon. (Not that the pink bothers him one bit.)

Joy said...

How sweet is that?! I also can't believe the difference in how healthy and filled out he looks now compared to then.

Chantelle said...

Just found your blog and your children are so beautiful! God bless.

MH said...

Have I mentioned that I love your son? Thank you for this entry. It made me feel so many things. Mostly overwhelming love for him and for you for loving him the way he needs to be loved. Hurray for families!

Sparrow said...

Oh! I love these pictures-it brought back so many memories of you and Micah meeting for the first time. It is a moment that will stay with me forever-so touching. And he has changed so much in just three months! I can hardly believe it.

Susan

Amy said...

Okay- that made me smile and cry all at the same time. Love that PRECIOUS baby boy of yours!

Signe said...

I remember those pink crocs from AHOPE, I'm so glad that you got them. Isn't it funny what they love.