I was dragging not to hear this (even though I said it all along) but the answer has arrived.
My little man has been finally diagnosed with Growth Hormone Deficiency. When they ran the last tests they wanted to make sure that his low thyroids weren't throwing off the super low growth hormones but now that he is stable on his thyroid meds it was still the same.
I am not having my official meeting with the endocrinologist until November to discuss treatment and when its starting. This will also be important to figure out a good age for him because obviously he can only grow so much in so much time even with growth hormones. I am so curious what his predicted height will be. Prior to him arriving I had my discussions with the Dr. and he always said he needed to see him and he would be able to have a better idea re: his height.
As for the resistance re: his meds. The Dr. said that he was only resistant to one medication so we are starting meds up again probably mid September since the new medication has to be ordered. Just good to know for other new positive parents that if your Dr. ever takes your kid of all the meds cold turkey, don't worry. As long as their levels are okay they are fine.
I am sort of a little down today, feeling like when I first found out Anastasia had Autism. Its sort of a shock and than it wears off. When you are guessing that there is something wrong with your child you always wish for a miracle, as for Micah I was hoping proper nutrition and than his low thyroid would cure it all:(
It will be okay, because without a shadow of a doubt God has chosen him for our family and we will prevail. Micah has a strong personality to conquer this. And on top of that he has a mama that can kick some serious ass (sorry for being vulgar) if someone is messing with her kids:)
11 comments:
I think Micah is right where he needs to be. I can understand how you would feel sad; I would be, too. All you want is the best for your child and it's hard to think of hardships ahead. I am glad he is here and getting the best treatment! Keep us updated on what the dr. says.
Hey Andrea - I can imagine the rush of emotions - thankful for an answer, but now so many more questions about his future. This is news to you, but it is so comforting to know that Micah was perfectly and wonderfully made and our Creator planned this from the beginning of time. Hugs to you in this hard time.
Sending you hugs Andrea. You know I can relate, it's hard but you are so right that you and Micah both have the personalities to deal with this head on! And most of all you have God who's grace is enough to get your family through anything that comes your way.
Love you all,
Laci
I am glad you finally have answers. I am sorry they are hard ones though :( Micah is an amazing little man, he will fight through this for sure! And he's got a momma who will kick ass so he's got nothing but good things going for him!!! :O)
Sending you huge hugs!!
Love
Andrea
Thinking of you...
Glad you have an answer but so sorry that it is not the miracle hoped for. Micah is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have him. I'm glad you post about these issues and keep it real so we can follow along and offer support.
I love you sweet friend. I know you are hurting, but I know you are resting in HIM, knowing He hand picked Micah as your son. You are an incredible mama and I know he is in the best family to meet his needs. I am here if you need me. Praying for you- Amy
Andrea, I'm sorry to hear the hard news but so glad that Micah is in a family where he can get whatever help he needs to reach his full potential. May God bless you, your husband and Micah's doctors with peace, wisdom, determination, and persistence as you walk with him through each challenge he faces.
Oh Andrea, I laughed so hard, you can definitely kick some ass if that is what is needed. Micah is such a joy, it will all be fine. I wish I were there to just hang out with you and help you talk through this. Call me if you want, I would love to listen. God has made you strong and loving for this day. Rest in Him.
Andrea,
Your right you are the perfect momma for him! For all your little ones. I will be praying for you all. Sending hugs your way,
I'm thanking God for Micah, for you as his Mom, and for good doctors and meds. God has this all in His hands and he is good. I can't wait to give you a hug at camp.
Lisa
So sorry that you are so sad. I am sending much love your way. I have no doubts that you will pick yourself up and do whatever needs to be done for our little guy...times two!
Post a Comment