My dear husband and I have been married for 25 years. Although many say it doesn't seem that long, all I can remember is Kevin and I.
To be truthful, this last year has been very hard. Going from 2 to 4 to 6 children is moving fast. Mainly because of the LITTLE time we have together anymore and Kevin is very selfish of the time he has with me. Plus the work is never ending and at the end of the evening we both just fall into bed exhausted. But it is all so rewarding and we both know that. If you were to ever asked him why no more kids or any reluctance to more kids, it would only be because it takes away from his time with me.
Anyways, this weekend is good. Really good. We are nestled away at a little cottage in nowhere land. Guess what I can hear? Nothing except the noises of geese and birds. I am blown away that after over 25 years of being together, we can still conversate non stop and have the best times of our lives. Nothing has changed except we are older and more mature now. We can go from hectic life of 8 to as we were still dating..
Danica is watching her 5 siblings and that is the biggest gift we could have received. Having my little ones in the care of immediate family is good. As Kevin and I were driving away to our getaway, Danica called and asked me to open up the glove box in her car which we are driving. In it was a precious card that said this:
Dad and Mom:
Happy 25th Anniversary. Half way to 50 so keep trucking. Anyways, I am so very happy that you two have been married this long. I am always grateful to say my parents are still together! You guys have come a long way since day one and been wonderful parents. Obviously the close relationship we hall share proves that!:) The little ones are the fortunate and I wish they only knew. Having the two of you as parents I have gotten different things that are all equally important. So thank you so much for working through the tough times and remaining committed to each other. I do hope that when I get married I will be celebrating this very day. As for you guys' trip, please relax and enjoy each other's company! This time is so important and I think it should happen more often. Dont worry about the kids we will all be fine and there is plenty of back up if needed. She also left us $100.00 and kept insisting of not spending it on anyone else but us (she knows us too well). She wanted us to go to a very nice restaurant just this once because she knew that we wouldn't have done it unless she forced us into doing it.
7 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! 25 years! Wow! Enjoy your get-away!
Oh I am so happy you went on a get-away for your anniversary. Those are the treasured memories you will always have to hold on to and it is so important to invest in our marriages! I was just blown away by Danica's heart in that card and how she is serving you by watching the kids - that is so wonderful to see her love and appreciation for you 2. Happy Anniversary my friend!
Happy Anniversary!!You have the sweetest daughter!!
Happy Anniversary precious friend! What an amazing gift your sweet Danica gave to you- that is SO COOL by a girl her age!!! Enjoy every second! love you!
Happy Anniversary! You must be doing a lot right!
LOVE it!! Happy Anniversary sweet friend!! L)
Happy Aniversary!!
Post a Comment