This was our second year at camp. Last year the little ones weren't here so we only stayed for a day. This time we stayed the whole time, from Friday to Monday. Anastasia stayed at her favorite respite place where she hasn't been in over 2 years. She was thrilled to go there. The camp would have been too overwhelming for her. We had such an amazing time, words simply cannot describe. ALL the kids love to go to this camp no matter how old they are and look forward every year to returning. They have so many activities planned throughout the day. The kids did horseback riding, went on a train ride, in the evening we got to have a Hawaiian night and and Cowboy night. The parents got to have special parents nights were we just got to talk to the adults. It was a little sad this year because many of the new families but also the old families weren't able to return. The good thing was that we as adults made wonderful new friends and three of the families are from this area. I especially missed my Signe.
Danica even had the time of her life. We really didn't see her at all except when sleeping but when she came we were already sleeping. What was so awesome is that I knew Danica would enjoy this camp but she thought I was crazy and came along for the ride expecting a dumb camp. She like really misses all the friends she made already. Last night she even told me that she had wished she came to Idaho with me when we visited Lisa and
Signe because she really connected with Lisa Q's oldest.
Everything was just so perfect and wonderful and we are so incredibly grateful to have this camp and hope we will always have it.
Kevin playing a game with the kids in the room during break time

Face Painting and Amira made a skirt

I just pray Danica doesn't look at my blog
cuz she might kill me for putting up this picture. The young adults had a game in the mud.



Danica rough housing
Biruk for fun

Danica swinging her sissy

The crew with
Nes missing

Hawaiian night

My son got some
serious rhythm
Lisa and I. How I loved seeing her again.
Amira and Stephanie, the camp director

The kids made me beautiful flowers
Biruk and his new friend

This 16 old boy was so amazing with all the little kids.

Danica and some of her new friends
7 comments:
Andrea,
I just found your blog and am enjoying it! We're waiting on adoptin two little ones from Ethiopia, still waiting on the court date!
We live in western WA. COuld you share more about the camp that you wen to? Where? What's the kind of camp? etc? I'd love to hear more! Sounds like fun, maybe we could schedule it for next year!
Blessings,
Chris in Auburn, WA
Chris, thanks for leaving me a comment. I am unable to get in touch with you because your blog is private. You could just email me at ahill68@hotmail.com. BTW, we only live 20 min away from you.
I love it!! Sounds like such an amazing time for all of you. We so need to move to that side of the country so many of our friends are there!
Love the pics of all the kids as well.
I hope to go next year because it sure looks like a lot of fun!! My favorite pic is of Biruk dancing!
Loved the pics! We hope to be there next year, sent in our application yesterday.
One word- JEALOUS. :0) Amy
Oh I love all the pictures. Your family looks great and so happy..I couldn't be more happy for you.
Post a Comment