Anyways, last Sunday was a beautiful day. I took the kids right after church to the zoo and park and we had a blast. We were out there all afternoon. They are still doing amazingly well and I am sure its because they have each other. They make each other laugh all the time and even more so they talk each other to death. I love when they talk Amharic to each other. I have noticed that Amira wants to do it much more than Biruk. He uses more English but I always enourage them to keep speaking it.
Every single day I come home I am still in awe (I know I sound like a broken record) that these kids that I have drooled over their pictures for months are finally mine. It is just a miracle how God placed the "just right" children into my family. I have a good picture now why all these other adoptions never worked out from Guatemala, to Zambia, to Liberia. All these precious kids are in my heart forever but obviously they were not meant for me and God hand picked Amira and Biruk and what a perfect fit they are.
My little Amira has her oral surgery next week. They will work on every single one of her teeth and she will pull out the 4 upper front teeth. Poor baby is gonna be toothless hopefully not too long. Her moluscum has not gotten any better and I am starting to get a little fed up with these doctors that they can't get me in till May. So I raised up with one office today and hopefully they can cut it next Friday but I am not sure yet. It is just huge. And all the kids always point it out to her and say "ouie".. I can tell its starting to bother her cuz she always talks about it. My Biruk is perfectly healthy. He is such a big helper and has a very gently and sweet spirit. He also started to play soccer and had his first game last Saturday. I think he like basketball a lot, he is so good at dribbling the ball. They are both enrolled for Kindergarten this fall so hopefully they both make it.








6 comments:
Love Love Love those kids! What sweet pics.
Sorry you can't meet us at the zoo. We will be there Fri. I hope it doesn't rain!
Be good to yourself,
Lisa
How wonderful that you can get out of the house! Flowers? Is that what they look like?
I bet those boys were impressed with Biruk's soccer skills. Those kids are tough!
I hope things are going well with all of your girls. Hopefully we will be over in May.
I know!!! It amazes me how well Ava fits in with us!! Perfectly! It's so awesome...these kids are such blessings!!
They are so beautiful! I am glad I came across your blog :) Ethiopia is an amazing country- I hope to adopt from there one day!
They are to sweet! I love the pictutes!!
Biruk is really good at soccer.We got to see him play today.
love,
Deanna
Post a Comment