Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Oral Surgery today

We had to be at the hospital at 6:30am with a surgery date at 8:00am. I was happy, Amira was the first patient for the dentist. We arrived home at 1:00pm. She is in a lot of pain this evening. But Amira was such a trooper all day. She is just so strong and I am so proud of her. I got her some over the counter kids motrin and it seems to make her more comfortable. We have been waiting for this date a long time and it finally come. The dentist that I chose decided to pull her 4 front teeth and not put anything up there which was fine with me. It saved me a lots of money and a bunch of moms that have little ones actually told me just to pull them. She also pulled 3 more in the back which was a total of 7. We also have I think about 7 silver crowns, at least. The surgery went really well and I am so glad its finally done. This Friday we have the huge mosluscum under her eye looked at again and hopefully the Dr. will cut and drain it. This is the same Dr. that prescribed her the 700.00 medication and it didn't do anything. All the other dermatologist don't have appointments till May so I guess I am desperate to go back to this lady. We will see.

Amira waiting to go to surgery




After the surgery

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I forgot today was the day! I am glad it went well. She looks so cute with the front teeth missing.
Eden goes next week. They will have matching silver!
Love ya,
Lisa

Joy said...

So cute and much healthier I am sure! I am glad she did fine being put under. We will pray her pain goes away quickly.

Chris said...

What a brave little girl :)
I am happy to hear that the surgery went good. Alex had 8 teeths pulled too when we started his orthodontic treatment , Lots of ice cream made him feel a lot better ;)
She is adorable .
Hugs to you !

Matthew and Amanda said...

I hope she feels back to her old self soon. Teshe struggled with Mollescum for a long time, those things are such a pain. I would definitely push to have them cut it off. I hope it goes okay on Friday!!

Amanda

Melinda said...

I am happy to hear it went well. Poor little Amira! I hope she bounced back to her usual self and she is just super cute with no teeth!

Signe said...

She looks just beautiful. What a brave girl. Nesradine is coming over to Children's to do his. I'll let you know when we get the appointment.

BTW. We had one really big meltdown over Biruk last weekend. I was reading your blog and Nes just started crying and yelling Biruk. It was so sad. We have to get together again soon.

Anonymous said...

Gute Besserung, Amira, und liebe GrĂ¼sse aus DE!

Your kids are beautiful, and it's so sweet that they continue to speak Amharic to each other. I wonder how you'll be able to keep them from forgetting it....

www.momonasworld.wordpress.com

Kari said...

She looks so cool with those teeth missing.
love,
Deanna

Crystal said...

She will have them back in no time. She is a brave little girl.
Crystal