Sunday, April 19, 2009

Child Dedication

Today was very, very special. Our little ones were dedicated to the Lord. In our church we don't baptize or christening little ones because they are innocent in God's eyes at that age so no need. We the parents and the church just commit to raise them up in the image of Christ and bring them up in a godly home. These children are not mine they belong to God. I loved our pastor's short sermon before dedication because he talked about Hannah being barren and when God finally gave her a son she dedicated him to the Lord. Can you imagine being Hannah? What a woman. But after that, God gave her many more children. I knew that from the very beginning when we adopted them that they will become his soldiers and came here for a purpose not to get rotten. We are praying every night that God would mold them in HIS image and as they become older to do his will and work. What a special day.





7 comments:

Kari said...

Today was really fun.I loved that you do not baptize little ones it is so cool. Thanks for inviting us I love spending time with all of you guys.
Love,
Deanna

Signe said...

Congratulations, you all look so wonderful in your Sunday finery. What a wonderful time to celebrate how God provides families for these precious children.

Lisa said...

How wonderful to be dedicated to God! I am so happy for you and the kids. Hang in there:)
Lisa

Rebecca said...

Hallelujah!! What a great day! Makes me think back to when we had Ava dedicated...a little over a year ago, right after we got home from ET...actually it was Mothers Day! Anyway, we were still having major food issues and she had to have a bread roll of some kind in her hand at ALL times. So, the pics I have all have bread in them! Ha!! Anyway, hope you are all doing well. The family pics are just gorgeous!!!

Matthew and Amanda said...

Your words brought tears to my eyes. It was a great reminder that our children are truly God's children. Loved the pictures, your kids are beautiful.

Amanda

lina said...

Congratulations! Your family is so precious! I can't wait to get together!

Laci said...

How wonderful! Those kiddos are so precious Andrea!